Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hey! Checking back in real quick, I know it's been a really long time. Well, the HA is going pretty great. Definitely stretching, but still good. A lot has been going on since last time I posted. A lot of juggling multiple things at once, trying to wake up on time in the mornings(sleep isn't really a great part of the schedule here, as it was at home (:), trying to keep up with just what God is wanting to work in me(a lot), trying to manage my schedule in a responsible way, homework, blah blah blah. I guess I have a procrastinating problem I never knew about? Ok, maybe I kinda knew about it, but seriously Sole? Tons of reading to do tomorrow, because I decided today I would be lazy and do nothing. Well, actually I did a lot (: But I'll talk about that at the end. (:
Well, I've been here for like a month and a half, crazy!! Some weeks feel like they just fly by, I wonder if the end of the year will be here before I know it. Man. But yes, okay so I am working the the Acquire the Fire Call Center, calling for Dallas, I get to work with 2 of my sisters and one brother, it's pretty neat, and everyone else in my call team is pretty chill, still getting used to sitting down for so long, but it's a fun place to be around, and have really been trying to get my heart right with this, and to realize I'm not just calling youth pastors to try to convince them to bring their groups to the event, but I need to realize that I'm calling to aid in the saving of souls, the breaking of chains, the falling of scales, to further the Kingdom. And if this is where the Lord has me serving, should I not give it my all? I went to the Houston ATF and God did some really awesome things there, it was a really good event. This year's theme is Encounter and it's all about encountering the love of Christ in a life changing way, so great. Ok, moving on, I feel like I'm making a call (:
Well, yeah, so that's something I'm still getting adjusted to but it's pretty good. Monday's are pretty short days, I get off at 4 and have 2 classes, Portfolio Papers and Great Books. Being optional, I have wanted to drop them both so bad, the workload is just so overwhelming sometimes! Especially with a procrastinator like me (: I really need discipline in this area, so hopefully keeping them will help. We are reading Mere Christianity in Great Books, it's such a good book. Oh, and monday mornings I have Worldview, I really like that class. Tuesdays I have Character Development and in the afternoon we have chapel, it's really good, we do worship and then a speaker comes. And tuesday nights I have Mission Perspectives, I really really enjoy that class, we have speakers there too, and I love hearing their stories about missions and such. And I love how we are always in constant prayer for the unreached, makes me want to get out there soon! Hmm, wednesdays we have no classes, but we have freedom service at night, and they are usually really good. Thursdays we have Risen in the morning, it's the all girls class and it's so good, this past week just learned about maximizing our singleness and not waiting to start our lives just until we get married, but being active now, it was really good. And in the afternoon we have New Testament, I really like that class, the teacher is so great. And Friday mornings we have apologetics for 2 hours, it's probably one of my favorites, man it's so good, really gets you thinking, and I'm learning a lot of great things that will help me be able to stand on my faith and also defend it around those that surround me. It's good. Oh, and we also just recently had our Fasting LTE, Thursday morning-Sunday morning. No food, no talking, no cell phone, no communication, only book we could read was our bible, it was good. For some reason I got no hunger pains, but they all went to my head, it was no fun. No fun at all. But God is good, and obviously bigger than light headedness, so He got me through it and really made me realize how weak I am and how much I need Him. I already knew this, but it was just that much clearer, it was good. Oh man, but the day before fasting, wednesday for dinner, me and the girls from my call team went to our manager's house because she lives right across the street from Teen Mania, and we had spaguetti, and cookies and brownies and strawberry shortcake. It was a good pre-fasting meal haha. I really enjoyed it. Oh, and Sunday morning broke fast with biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, and bacon. Yes, yes I did (: It was great. Hmm.

So today! Woke up, went to Risen breakfast. The theme had something to do with chocolate, can't quite remember, but we had marshmallows, pretzels, bananas, chocolate muffins....with melted chocolate to dip into. For breakfast. It was interesting lol. Then I went back to the room where I was going to do homework but of course I fall asleep. I have learned it is very unwise to try to do homework while in my bed. Maybe I should do it standing? We shall see, this homework WILL get done tomorrow though (: Yeah, so I slept, then went down for lunch, and our family core was serving in the cafeteria today, and I had the 2-5 shift, which was just cleaning, or so I thought (: I swept and mopped, and then our sister CA decided we should make banana bread. Well. The recipe we picked up fed 400 people, made like 3 trays of bread. It was gerat. But of course that's not enough bread, so we made another batch. With cinnamon. So, we put it in the big whatever it's called, blender baking awesomeness machine, don't know, and Abby, sister CA, turns it on not knowing it was on full speed. The flour went everywhere, mostly on her. Yes, yes it did. It was a fantastic moment in time that I will never forget. Thank you Abby. And then for dinner we had Cici's pizza which was pretty good and banana bread (:

So quick summary, until next time I write, this past month and a half really has been stretching. And good. The Lord has been trying to work in my heart, but as the stubborn person I am, He's shown me just how closed my heart has been to Him, so keep praying for me please! I really want so bad to just completely open my heart and have Him change it all to how He wills! He's blessed me so much during my time here so far, and I want to serve Him to the best of my ability. Our core name is Lovesick, and I've really been thinking about just what that means. Wanting to let the Lord work in my heart, to be lovesick for my Beloved, but man, ridiculous how we let the enemy get in and bring fear. The flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing. We need to realize the authority we have been given in Christ and stand on it! The truth is so good, sets free. Sets free. Please be praying for me, the Father knows what He's doing and sometimes (always) I just need to trust! If I don't trust Him, then honestly who should I?
Yes, no one (:

Father God, thank you so much for your greatness and your love, and help us to remember the freedom we have in you, in your son Jesus Christ, and the authority we have been given. I praise you even for our weakness, because it is THEN that your strength is shown! Father, keep us and protect us, let your will be done in our lives. Thank you for your grace, in Jesus precious and holy name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment