Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dear Family and Friends:
In less than 2 days I will be starting the Honor Academy!
It's really snuck up on me and the time left is just flying by! I'm obviously even a little late starting this blog! :PWell just a quick overview of these last few months: most insane months of my life, seeking to fulfill the Lord's will for me but getting distracted by my own stress and indecisiveness of what I want to do and what would be more convenient for ME, still not fully realizing it's not about ME but about CHRIST! This has probably been one of the biggest choices I've had to make and have really needed to have full dependence on the Lord, which not always is the case, therefore the striving and worries, but I've learned sometimes(always!) it's better to sit back and observe the works of the Lord and have an open heart to listen to what He has to say. It has been a hard lesson to learn, but was necessary to get to where I am now....a few hours away from going shopping for EVERYTHING I need for school, packing, sending out letters, saying my goodbyes, praying for the new year, enjoying every moment I have left here, and anxious to see what the Lord has in store! There are still the doubts of a doubtful girl that needs to learn to trust the Lord fully, but whatever His plans are for this year, my plans are to be focused on Him fully whatever He has me doing, being obedient to his Word, and willing to be stretched and broken as the Lord sees fit.

Please please PLEASE be praying for me this year, I will sure be needing it, I want to be able to learn and hear as much as the Lord as possible, so for this I ask all my brothers and sisters to really keep me in prayer!! Also, being a missionary related program we are required to raise the support to pay the tuition for the school, and will also be raising support for a mission trip I will need to take to graduate the Honor Academy. So please keep in prayer supporting me financially if it is what the Lord leads you to. The whole cost for the year will be $7800 (seperate from mission trip cost), with monthly payments starting at $800, to $600, to $400, all the way down to $300. If it is the Lord's leading, you can support with a one-time donation or monthly donations.

So keep in prayer, and if you decide to, you can donate at www.honoracademy.com; you will find a button along the top titled donate; after clicking here, click on US donors; you can search my account by entering my ID# which is 2583529. If you do not wish to do this online, there are other options on the bottom of that page.I appreciate everyone's support, whether it be prayer or prayer and donation. If it is the Lord's will, He will provide and I know He will. I have come to see that prayer is a powerful, POWERFUL thing so it will be a huge blessing to me!!!I feel so blessed to have so many people supporting me and walking alongside with me through this, but most of all the comfort that the LORD will be with me every step of the way. Even if the light only goes one step at a time(which has been the case through this whole process!), I will follow the lit steps as He leads..thanks so much for your time, you guys rock my world.
Lord bless,
Sole (:



(For those who don't know: The Honor Academy is a internship/discipleship program that works to train and develop the leadership skills of this generation's youth, teaching them the importance of Christ in our lives. Internship jobs include working at the call center to call youth interested in attending the Honor Academy, call for mission trips, call churches to invite for important events/conferences, as well as custodial jobs, security, finance, administrative, among many others. We are required to serve 31 hours per week, experiencing both leadership training and professional development. Along the way, receiving direction, provision, and motivation directly from God and His Word to take the Gospel to the world. The Honor Academy is designed to cultivate and develop the leadership potential in young adults while preparing them to impact today's world for Christ. The scope of the program is extensive and includes classroom instruction, practical hands-on experience, and life-transforming events. All are designed to give each intern at the Honor Academy a balanced, strategic approach to Godly character and lasting leadership skills. Their mission is to provoke a young generation to passionately pursue Jesus Christ and to take His life-giving message to the ends of the earth! This information and much more is available for you at www.honoracademy.com )

No comments:

Post a Comment